Friday, June 11, 2010

3 pounds and 7 days to go

I have 3 pounds to go to reach my goal, and 7 days to get it done.  I'm sitting here, just hoping that my efforts will result in success and not in failing to reach my goal on time.  I know that I've done an amazing thing, and that I have every right to be proud.  And I won't be less proud if I don't quite make the deadline for losing 50 pounds.  But I really really want to.  Whenever I've set a goal for myself, I've always achieved it, with the exception of losing weight.  I've never succeeded at losing weight, and I want to so very badly.

Today my trainer asked me what my reward would be for meeting my goal, hoping it wasn't a night out a Claim Jumper's.  Well, they're totally yummy, but my reward is for something much neater.  It was so amazing at the doctor's office to step on the scale and NOT have to slide the bottom weight thing over so far.  Usually I've had to put it in the 260 slot, and then move the top slide thing almost all the way to the right.  This time, it wasn't like that.  The bottom weight was at 240, and the top weight was barely away from the left.  I'm so much looking forward to not having that bottom weight even in the 200s.

Anyway, that's my reward.  Totally silly, and totally meaningless to most people.  But to me, it's so amazing that I was almost in tears at the doctor's office.

No comments: