Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Milestone Weight!

I've been losing weight for 72 days now, and while I haven't been blogging every day, every single day I'm aware of what I eat, and what impact it will have on my body.  I try very hard to not eat things that are unhealthy, but once in a while I slip.

This morning when I got on the scale, I hit a major milestone.  Today I weigh 250 pounds.  I know...It's still a lot, but I'm on my way.  I haven't been this weight in over 6 years.  I've lost 38 pounds in 72 days.  I'm losing almost 1/2 a pound a day.

I went to Kohl's the other day because I had $40 in Kohl's cash and I wasn't going to waste it.  I decided to purchase clothes smaller than I have in years, and I'd just wait to fit into them.  My own little goal outfit.  I came home and I decided to try them on...just to see how far I had to go until them fit, and they fit then!  I don't have a picture of me in them, but I plan on taking one this weekend and I'll be sure to post it.

For everyone who is supporting me on this quest...thank you so much.  Every comment, every look, every hug...they all help keep me motivated to keep going.  For those of you who watch the Biggest Loser, I've lost 13.19% of my starting weight.

For anyone who thinks they can't do this...you can!  It's honestly so much easier than I thought it would be.  I'm so glad I finally made the change I've always wanted to do.

4 comments:

Dora said...

good for you! Way to go Christina!

Quilter422 said...

way to go, Christina! you are inspiring me to get started, too.

Heather said...

How awesome for you!!! Congratulations and keep it going - we sisters are backing you 100%!!

Unknown said...

Amazing, you!!