Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 7

Well, it's week 7 and I certainly haven't posted on here in a while.  I guess that's what happens when life gets busy.  Here's the good news.  I though I had started my weight-loss journey at 286 pounds, but I actually started at 288.  That means that since I weighed in at 259 today, I've lost 29 pounds in 7 weeks.  I went to the doctor last week for a check up and when the doctor learned how much weight I've lost, she actually came in and shook my hand.  I don't think I've ever been so proud of a handshake in my life.

She also told me that when I saw her last, my blood pressure had been at 130/90 and that day it was 106/77.  Quite a change.  She asked me what I was doing and when I told her, she was impressed.  It's not a crazy fad diet, it's not a lose-weight-quick scheme, it's just healthy sensible weight loss.

I'm going to the AOTA conference next week, and before I would have just eaten every meal in a restaurant, but I decided to use my head and I booked a hotel room with a kitchenette so that I can prepare my own meals while I'm there.  I'm sure I'll go out for a few meals, but I don't have to go out every meal.  I can purchase salad and chicken at a grocery store and eat well without breaking either my diet or my budget.

If anyone out there is reading this and thinks that this diet is something they can't do, believe me, it's so easy.  I never feel hungry, and I'm losing weight at such a healthy rate.  I'm so proud of myself for finally finally doing something about my weight.

No comments: