Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's July 6th, and the start of yet another semester

So it's time for my next goal to start.  My goal for this semester is to lose another 40 pounds, and I've already lost 3 of them, so it's 37 pounds to go in 106 days.  Today I got so many compliments from my classmates and professors, and that was so gratifying.  I want to keep working toward my goal, though, and not lose track of what I'm doing or why.  I'm losing weight so I can be healthy.  I want to be healthy again, not fat like I have been for so long.  I don't want to be the kids' fat mommy.  I don't want to show them how easy it is to be complacent with being fat simply because it's easier.  It IS easier, but that doesn't mean it should be done.  Eating right is just as easy as eating junk food, and working out isn't that hard, it's just work.  As long as I keep in mind that it's not hard, it's just work, I should be fine.

1 comment:

Carolyn Albro said...

Just found your on DST. Hope that you're getting closer to your goal- every day. Congratulations on the weight loss... know that you're inspiring people : )